Labels

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Going Toxic? Just take her already please!

Apparently, I may be "going toxic." Whatever that means....I always forget to ask important questions. I swear my head always goes blank in the office.

Since Lilah passed, March 1st, I began visiting my doctor's office every Wednesday for an ultrasound, fibrinogen check ( to make sure her tissue has not come into contact with my blood stream) as well as a general check. Last appointment, April 13th, I graduated and no longer needed to come every week, but every two weeks. Well that was short lived!

Upon taking my blood pressure the nurse exclaimed "OH NO! That is not good! I will be right back"....She came back with a manual pump and got a reading of 120...Still not good, but I assume A LOT better than the previous reading...She then had me pee in the cup to check for protein. It came back negative....That was that.

My OB came in soon afterwards, he did not seem to be concerned. He went right ahead and did a quick ultrasound to make sure baby A  was still breech; of course she was. After I took a peek, I asked him what he thought about my BP reading. He said he wasn't too worried due to the lack of protein. I then made sure he took a look at my legs and feet. Legs and feet I no longer recognize as my own, but those of an extremely obese person... (see the previous post). He felt my legs, pondered a bit, and said he would be right back. He wanted to talk to my MFM doctor down the hall.  I hate to admit it, but at this, I was secretly hoping I would "unfortunately" :p have to deliver today. I know every mother should want their baby to bake as long as possible, but if you were in my situation I assure you, you would feel the same. After conversing with the MFM doctor, my OB came back to tell me that based on their collective medical opinion, he feels there is a chance that if I am not already, I will eventually become toxic and deliver before the planned 37 weeks. I guess extreme water retention coupled with high BP and a lack of protein is a sign of toxicity in my particular case.....GREAT!  To this I replied "I was ready to deliver last month!"  He laughed and handed me this lovely lab sheet...
Not just a fibrinogen check this time! I feel like a science experiment.


  Hopefully the extra tests will determine if I am already toxic. I also got a parting gift!
I need to collect my urine for 24 hours as well. I have to store it in the refrigerator. Dustin will love that!


I will go back Friday to see if there is any change in my BP and learn the results of my toxicity tests. Basically, the moral of the story is that if there is no change, this baby will be coming very soon! If it means I need to be toxic in order to bypass a couple weeks then so be it! I have zero patience left! IMO..they should just take her now so they don't have to waste their time with all these extra tests :p

5 comments:

  1. It would be better if she could bake a little longer, but I can only imagine where you're coming from. Whatever is best for you and Baby A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and Baby A that the doctors can make the best decisions for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, mama. You're almost there! I hope that Baby A comes safe and sound whenever that may be : ) Any progress on the names?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there honey... I know you're beyond ready to go. As long as you and Baby A are both safe and okay, that's all that matters! <3 Sounds like all the tests will make sure of that! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies! I will definitely keep you updated.

    ReplyDelete